1. Customer service
We want our watches to go to nice people - which fortunately is most of our supporters. But for everybody else: no manners, no service.
We reserve the right to ignore and blacklist individuals sending abusive messages, and cancel/refund any associated orders.
2. Anti-flipping policy
We're watch enthusiasts who want to make and share watches with other enthusiasts. Unfortunately, flipping results in genuine collectors missing out or paying unreasonable premiums on watches. We think this is unfair especially when those gaining the most usually have no interest beyond economic profit.
Thus, we reserve the right to refund and blacklist any individuals caught flipping, which is defined as:
- Purchasing multiple watches of the same variant. The same shipping address, email, phone number or name between any two orders will qualify as multiple purchases. We would like as many people as possible to have the opportunity to purchase; please don’t be selfish.
- Selling a watch before delivery.
- Selling a watch for a profit within the two week return period. We understand if the first time you see a watch is on receipt and it's not for you - this is why the return period exists.
While these are the primary criteria for 'flipping', we of course evaluate things on a case by case basis.
3. Orders and pre-orders
- All pre-orders and order are subject to acceptance by Horologer MING and availability of watches.
- The payment method varies by launch and is one or a combination of the following three: a) Fiserv which accepts VISA and MasterCard, b) Checkout which accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Apple Pay, and c) via international bank wire.
- For obvious reasons, cancellations are not possible after a watch has shipped - however, the owner has the right to return the watch within two weeks. For details refer to ‘Returns’ below.
- Horologer MING reserves the right to refuse and/or refund an order for reasons such as non-clearance of payment, import/export restrictions or watches being out of stock
- For pre-orders, the 50% deposit is non-refundable. If an order is cancelled by the customer, the deposit is forfeit. In the unlikely event we are unable to deliver the watch, a full refund will be made.
- We try our best to deliver to the schedule indicated, but delays sometimes occur due to circumstances outside our control. A delay of 6 months or less does not constitute inability to deliver or eligibility for a penalty-free refund. Should the customer request a cancellation during this period, the deposit is forfeit.
- Watches will be delivered only after all outstanding balances are paid.
- Watches will be delivered in the order in which deposits were received.
- Refunds, where applicable, will be processed by us within 7 working days - though clearance of funds on is dependent on the recipient bank/ card issuer and may be longer. Refunds will only be made in the same currency as the original transaction and we are not responsible for any difference in foreign exchange rates or charges imposed by your bank/ card issuer.
- We reserve the right to update, amend and improve products on an ongoing basis.
- We store records of all sales transactions for a minimum of the watch’s warranty period.
- The order contract is concluded either in La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland and the language of the contract is English.
4. Shipping, customs and import
- All products will be shipped from Kuala Lumpur via DHL Express, with insurance and tracking.
- DHL will require a signature or authorisation from the buyer on delivery, at which point responsibility for purchased goods passes to the buyer.
- The buyer or their appointed representative’s signature on acceptance of the shipment is considered evidence of the date of delivery and fulfilment by Horologer MING.
- Prices are shown exclusive of taxes, duties and levies except for deliveries.
- Any taxes, duties and levies are the sole responsibility of the buyer.
- Shipping restrictions: At this time, we are unable to ship to Israel, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine and North Korea due to prevailing import/export regulations.
5. Warranty, service and repairs
- Each watch comes with a limited warranty against mechanical and manufacturing defects. The duration can be found on the documentation that accompanies each watch.
- Mechanical watches are precision mechanical instruments. Excessive shocks or vibrations, exposure to strong electromagnets and similar activities can cause damage to or affect their functionality. The mechanical warranty does not cover problems due to mishandling. If you are uncertain if a particular activity is safe for the watch, please e-mail us and we'll be happy to clarify.
- Watches are not user serviceable. We cannot guarantee water resistance or mechanical function of the watch if the watch case has been opened or serviced by the customer or a third party, and doing so will void all warranties.
- We do not supply spare parts or components.
- Wear and tear (e.g. water damage to straps, scuff marks to the case or buckle, etc.) is not covered by the warranty. This extends to any external coatings or treatments, such as DLC coating, heat bluing or AR coating, to the watch case, crown, crystal and buckle.
- For a warranty claim, we reserve the right to replace the watch or relevant components with something of equivalent, or greater retail value in the event parts are no longer available.
- Should the owner request a watch service or repairs outside warranty coverage, the work will be charged depending on scope. We will furnish a cost estimate for the repair after the watch has been sent in for inspection and should the owner not authorise us to undertake the repair work, the watch will be shipped back at the owner’s cost.
- In case of a warranty claim, or service request, please email us at email@example.com.
- For warranty work, we will arrange for shipping at our cost.
- For out-of-warranty service, both legs of shipping are at the owner’s cost.
- You may return the watch to either MING in Kuala Lumpur, or to one of our service partners - please contact us for details.
- While we will try our best to make repairs and return a watch to proper working condition, it is sometimes not economically viable or possible to repair a watch if the damage is too extensive.
- Watches may be returned in unused and unworn condition, sealed, with the all original accompanying packaging and accessories within two (2) weeks of receipt of the original shipment for a refund minus return shipping fees.
- Straps are consumables and are not eligible for returns. All strap sales are final once shipped.
- Outside of the two (2) week period, all sales are final.
- Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) form.
- We will provide the buyer with a prepaid return label and arrange for insurance during transit. A return shipping fee of CHF125 will be deducted from the refund.
- If a buyer chooses to arrange their own return shipping, no fees will be deducted from the refund. Under these circumstances, responsibility of the watch during transit is the buyer's responsibility.
- Refunds, where applicable, will be processed by us within 7 working days - though clearance of funds is dependent on the recipient bank/ card issuer and may be longer.
- Refunds will only be made in the same currency as the original transaction and we are not responsible for any difference in foreign exchange rates or charges imposed by your bank/ card issuer.
- Should the watch be in a used condition or incomplete, we cannot accept a return and will contact you to have the watch shipped back to you.
MING reserves the right to update these policies as deemed necessary and at our discretion. The latest version will supersede all preceding versions (except for duration of warranty which is fixed at time of purchase).
Last updated 1 July 2022