This guide applies to the following watches/ variants:
- 17.09 BLUE
- 17.09 BURGUNDY
- 17.09 MASSENA LAB HONEY
- 17.09 MASSENA LAB BLACK
- 17.09 WCS EDITION
Winding & power reserve:
- The 17.09 is equipped with a self-winding/ automatic Sellita SW330-2 movement.
- This movement has a ~40 hour power reserve when fully wound.
- If worn daily and the wearer is sufficiently active, the watch will stay wound and run indefinitely.
- If the power reserve is depleted, please hand wind the watch with 20-30 turns of the crown and give it a light shake to restart.
- Simply giving the watch a light shake and wearing it is not sufficient to bring the watch up to a full or nearly full state of wind.
The crown has three positions:
- The first position (pushed all the way in) is where the crown should be for wearing and to ensure water resistance. This position is also the hand winding position.
- Second position (one click out) allows for setting of the independent hour hand only. Setting is unidirectional and the watch continues running in this position. Please turn the crown crisply and precisely to ensure the hour hand jumps a full hour increment and once set, back wind the crown a turn to fully disengage the setting mechanism. Please note that it is normal for the minute hand to ‘catch up’ a little with the hour hand.
- Third position (two clicks out) is for setting of the hour and minute hands together. They can be set in either direction and the movement is 'hacked' in this crown position.
Other useful information:
- The best way to clean the watch is with a soft, clean and damp cloth. We strongly discourage the use of any cleaning agents or solutions.
- We use different formulations and techniques to apply lume on the dials, hands, crystal and other components etc. This results in a slight difference in the peak brightness and length of luminesence between the two. This is normal.
- Modern luminous material requires charging to work effectively. Lume can be charged with direct exposure to bright sunlight or a strong light source such as a LED torch. The stronger the light source, the faster the lume charges.